Monday, October 1, 2007

Little cabbage at 35 weeks

Really??

Buttermaker is 35 weeks old and moving around like crazy.
A lot has happened over the last few weeks.
It's getting really close to the time that we are all going to meet this Buttermaker guy or gal in person.
We started our birthing classes. Man that's a weird sobering class. Basically getting you ready for the biggest moment of your life. I learned a lot about things that I never thought I would in that class.
I know what Wharton's Jelly is. Do you? Jus sayin'.
Megan, Lockett and Liz have been working really hard organizing a shower for us. It appears to be going great!
They have a great space rented and it should be a lot of fun. I don't know why they insisted on inviting me and every other silver back gorilla that I hang out with? Lockett assured me that co-ed is the way to go. I hope they have enough bananas!
Speaking of bananas I woke up Saturday with a hanker-in' for some sausage and cabbage and Fran remembered that it was POLISH FESTIVAL DAY!!! We went there for lunch. So damn good! I'll attach all the pictures of the food we ate. I was a bloated honorary Pole by the time we left. We then went to the park with Earl to check out the ducks. Earl didn't give two shits about the ducks but we enjoyed them. I learned that feeding ducks bread is like feeding them cupcakes. No Good!
The time is coming really quickly for us to meet Buttermaker and we are working really hard on our list of names. Nothing seems to be sticking at this point. I have a feeling that as soon as I shake that little ones hand and say "Hey man, nice to meet you, I'm your Dad" Buttermaker will say "Hi Dad my name is_______ quit calling me Buttermaker" and that will be that!
Polish food makes you strong!

This is what strong looks like!




This drunk Polish lady kept following Fran around saying "Where is more food please baby lady"?

You put money in...pierogi's come out.

The Polish are a very proud people. Dominics Dad doesn't like the Polish neighbors to roof their house on the weekend. Apparently Leo doesn't think Vodka and ladders are a good combination. "Dom it's the weekend and they're Polish...come on"

The menu is on frans mind.

Pierogi Polka anybody?

Polish soul food


Where's Buttermaker?????

These Polish goodies were right next to Jesus who was behind a TV with a mic stand and some chords. The polish aren't afraid to put jesus in the corner.


My first appearance on the blog and this dude is trying to steal the spotlight.
Whatever nice mustache!

Sleepy cabbage pierogi zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This doesn't really fit into the story but DAMN THAT'S A BIG KID!

laurelhurst Park is right by our house and they have a good duck pond. Notice frans attire. The weather has changed and it is cold and rainy. Earl even has his Grandpa coat on.


Park tough.

No comments: